You may have heard more and more people talking about collagen and its many benefits, from helping improve skin, hair and nails to how it can help keep your joints supple and healthy.
We love collagen here at TPDC which is why we’ve included it in both our Collagen+ Beauty Milk and
GoHealth Joint protect products. We wanted to give you a quick rundown on how including one of
our collagen containing drinks in your diet can help you.
What is collagen?
Collagen is a type of protein which is present in the connective tissues of the body. Collagen is vitally
important in certain functions including strengthening your hair, nails and joints along with keeping
your skin hydrated and firm.
How does collagen work?
Collagen provides supportive structure for many body tissues including your muscles, ligaments and
bones helping to keep them strong and healthy. Collagen also works with another compound known
as elastin and together they help keep your tissues strong and firm. This combination of collagen and
elastin offers a potent formula for keeping your skin looking firm, flexible and younger looking.
Younger people naturally produce higher levels of collagen but as you age this production slows
down, which is why supplementing with a collagen product such as our Beauty Milk or Joint Protect
can offer a whole host of benefits.
The many benefits of collagen
So there you have it, collagen is in our opinion a wonder ingredient! To summarise, here are the
main benefits of collagen:
- Skin – Helps keep it full, smooth, hydrated and firm.
- Hair – Provides strength, volume, shine and fullness.
- Joint and Muscle – Keeps them strong and flexible and helps protect against daily wear and tear.
- Cartilage – Provides fluide for cushion and elasticity in and around joints.
- Tendons and ligaments – Helps keep them supple, strong and flexible.
- Arteries – Helps keep your arteries strong and flexible.